Abada Capoeira Long Island Forum

Abada Capoeira Long Island located at Redboy Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Port Jefferson

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Sabado October 4 (ask Pirata and Vermelho first)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vespa

PostSubject: Sabado October 4 (ask Pirata and Vermelho first)   Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:57 am

Hi Everyone,

Hope you all are good. Just wanted to say hello from Boston. I missed those of you who made it to Washington DC a few weeks ago, so wanted to let you all know how things are here in Boston.

First, I am doing a short performance at a city festival this Saturday Oct 4th at 3:45pm if anyone is going to be in Boston or would like and excuse to come up. Let me know. Sorry for the short notice.

As far as teaching here goes, it is still very slow to develop, but I am teaching a bit more this fall so I hope that by the new year things progress. I am teaching adults in three different locations-- each a really different community, and will start youth classes again in November. Classes are happening but have been really small.

The biggest challenge in developing work here is having enough time outside of my full time job running ABADÁ SF, to research locations and promote classes here, so I am being patient for now with the slow process.

The toughest thing for me being in Boston has been not having access to training and to my capoeira community! There is NO substitute for training with your group and I really miss playing in a real roda, training with Mestranda Márcia, and being around ABADÁ students. Having access to a teacher and the ABADÁ community is not something to take for granted ever!

I am planning on continuing to be persistent with the idea of creating ABADÁ- Boston and will keep you all posted on upcoming events etc. PLEASE feel free to spread the word and come visit any time. I recently moved to a new place and have an extra room in case anyone wants to come up to visit and train.

Hope to see some of you in San Francisco for our Batizado and workshops with Mestrando Peixe Crú Nov. 1-5th!!!!!!

Beijos, Sereia
--
Jennifer Walsh, "Instrutora Sereia"

ABADÁ-Capoeira San Francisco & Boston
www.abada.org

"INSPIRE YOUR BODY, TRAIN YOUR MIND"
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Sabado October 4 (ask Pirata and Vermelho first)
Page 1 of 1